Rigging in an “exposed structure venue” such as a ballroom or convention center is an essential piece in planning and setup. Having a trusted AV Production company can aid in scoping out venues to meet your precise av requirements and ask the right questions to ensure safety and full compatibility.
- Rigging Points - designated places in the ceiling that allow things to be hung within a venue. Regulated with specific weight limits.
- Rig Plot - diagram indicating all rigging points.
- Truss - metal framing that all equipment is attached to such as lighting, projectors, and speakers.
- Cabling - Power supply for all equipment.
- Motors - Allow for truss to be raised and lowered to attach equipment.
- Genie Scissor Lift - Machine used to lift technicians to specific points for adjustments in truss and rigging.